Tuesday, November 2, 2010

cookies, christmas, and calligraphy


So I know I've been kind of slow to start this blog. I've been working on a lot of little projects here and there but nothing yet of note. I've been taking calligraphy classes, working with watercolors, and baking, just to name a few.

Lately, I've been trying to perfect my almond graham bark and tomorrow, my calligraphy class is taking a field trip to visit Michele Papineau, a well-renowned calligrapher in the Bay area. As a thank you to her, and my classmate who's giving me a ride, this is what I came up with:




I'm really excited that I'm finally taking a calligraphy class after all these years of being self-taught. My instructor is wonderful and very encouraging and I've learned so much from her. I love that she encourages us to develop our own styles.

I'm thinking of participating in a calligraphy Christmas exchange (where you send handmade cards out and you receive some in exchange) and I've been jotting down ideas as to how I can use calligraphy this upcoming holiday season. Do I have it in me to hand write a gazillion Christmas cards? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...