Friday, November 12, 2010

addressing envelopes


I've been working with different sizes of nibs and fonts to adjust to different sizes of envelopes. It's been a lot of fun but with all the experimenting I've been doing, I can't help but feel a wee bit guilty over the amount of paper I've used! I do however set them aside for recycling at the very least.

The first sample was done a fine nib, it's a smaller font better suited to A2 envelopes (4 3/8 in x 5 3/4 in). This is the same size as the Christmas cards in the previous post


The second sample is for bigger envelopes such as the A7 (5 1/4 in x 7 1/4 in), the kind you'd use for formal invitations and the like.



I've also been trying out different inks and I'm in love with this particular sepia shade from Windsor & Newton that I've been playing around with. It would have been perfect for our chocolate brown wedding invitations. Perhaps I shall still make a sample to see how it looks and feature colored inks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...